Brenda's Child

Friday, June 2, 2017

Going through it to Get to it




Image result for maya angelou butterfly quote





I am tremendously elated to be on the other end of a very

difficult transitional season in my life.


In the last two years I have:



      =(multiple surgeries and body image issues to follow)

  • ended an 8 year relationship to the man I lived with and thought I would marry =(adjusting to single life physically, emotionally & financially)
  • started a 9 month leadership program (more work, meetings and deadlines)
  •   finished my doctoral course work (which meant starting a dissertation).

      That’s a lot right? Well, wait…there’s more.
 

The first half of 2017 was all about:

  •  waiting for the arrival of my first grandchild (he came April 3rd),

  •  finishing the leadership program (I graduate June 14th.) 

  • completing my dissertation (by the end of summer… FINALLY),

  •  and most importantly, after a year and a half of living in pain and discomfort. I have my last surgery date scheduled for July 7.

I was in limbo for so long, it feels amazing to finally have

some closure. Although there will still be some challenges,

physically, emotionally and mentally… I see the light at the

end of the tunnel. It’s bright as hell and I am relieved,

delighted and excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment