Brenda's Child

Monday, May 29, 2017

Fake love, No Love

Image result for fake love drake



 I forgot all about the Billboard awards  on TV, but it was no coincidence that as soon as turned the channel Drake was accepting his first award of the night. He spoke about a so called “friend” who didn’t support him because the "friend" felt that he got enough love from other people. Immediately I could relate. I've had people not compliment me because I already know I’m cute, people not support me they figure everyone else is, or because they don’t want me my head to get bigger. I have several responses for this type of nonsense. Firstly, there are only a few people’s opinions that matter to me, so chances are a compliment or a throw of shade will not affect my high ass level of self-esteem. This is not a front, I know I’m fabulous! Secondly, because soooo many other people support me, you can’t? Really? True friends support regardless of who doesn’t. Thirdly, why don’t you admit that this isn’t about me, or the “so many” other people who support me, it’s you being a straight HATER.   Maybe it’s not necessarily that you want to be me, but you want to be LIKE me, out here loving me and chasing my dreams. And since you can’t love yourself, how can you possibly love me correctly? You can’t, so float on.

Yes, it would be that easy for me because the older I get the less tolerance I have for people who aren’t authentic and who are so caught up in their own insecurities it distracts them from living their lives to the fullest, and having healthy relationships. And furthermore, it’s exhausting always having to carry people and all their baggage. No ma’am, not in 2017. Not anymore, not ever.











No comments:

Post a Comment